Old Hundred Coach House is situated on the edge of the Cotswolds and the gateway to the West Country.
We are fortunate to have many national and international yearly events all within easy reach. In addition the great historic cities of Bath & Bristol are only 12 miles away.
- Badmington Horse Trials. Sponsored by Mitsubishi Motors. This yearly international event, regularly attracts over 200,000 visitors. For further information please visit www.badmington-horse.co.uk
- The Royal International Air Tattoo. Held yearly at RAF Fairford, Gloucestershire, the Royal International Air Tattoo is the largest military airshow in the world. www.airtattoo.com
- The National Arboretum in Westonbirt, Gloucestershire is one of the most spectacular tree gardens in the world. www.forestry.gov.uk/westonbirt
- The SS Great Britain. Step back in time when visiting Isambard Kingdom Brunel’s SS Great Britain. Located in the same historic dry dock where she was built in 1843. This internationally renowned floating museum has won numerous awards, including England’s Visitor Attraction of the Year 2007. www.ssgreatbritain.org
- Bristol is the only UK city to make the DK Eyewitness Travel Guide World’s Top 10 cities to visit 2009. From Royal York Terrace, (the longest Georgian terrace in Europe), through to the world famous Concorde 216 AF which made its final flight to the city of her birth and now stands as a visitor attraction. The only trouble with Bristol is that 1 or 2 days is not nearly enough time to explore this great historic, yet modern, vibrant city.
FFI please visit www.visitbristol.co.uk
- Bath is reported to be one of the best places to live in England. From historic Roman Baths, its spectacular Abbey and splended Georgian house.
FFI please visit www.visitbath.co.uk